one-half : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one of two equal parts of a divisible whole
- German heavy industry was to be cut to approximately one-half of its 1938 level.
- Currently, nearly one-half of 1% of kids enrolled in school are unvaccinated under a medical waiver; 2% to 3% have a nonmedical one, and the numbers appear to be rising.
- According to a 2005 working paper from the Center on Aging and Work at Boston College, one-half to two-thirds of workers take on bridge jobs before fully retiring--one reason the .
News & Articles
- City affirms financial director firing
AMERICUS — After an employee appeals hearing lasting over four and one-half hours, and deliberating for 45 minutes, the Americus Mayor and City Council voted unanimously Monday to uphold its decision to terminate the employment of Suzanne Freeman, its chief financial officer.
June 11, 2013 - Americus Times-Recorder
- Thick haze, smoky smell stoking fire fears
Smoke from wildfires in New Mexico mixed with dust kicked up by gusty winds, filling the air over southern Colorado with a thick haze Tuesday. No new wildfires have been confirmed in Colorado. A one-half acre fire continued to burn at the U.S. Air Force Academy Tuesday. A red flag warning has been issued for all of southern Colorado because of the high fire danger. STORMTRACKER 13 says the ...
June 11, 2013 - KRDO Colorado Springs
- Train fatality under investigation
BONNIE -- A Mt. Vernon man was killed Saturday after being struck by a Union Pacific freight train at Atchison Creek, about one-half mile south of Bonnie. Jefferson County Coroner Eddie Joe Marks said 27-year-old Dominique Dontez McCrae died of blunt
June 11, 2013 - Mt. Vernon Register-News
- Charlie Sheen in The Guardian
To put a fitting end on the two-and-one-half months of whirlwind speculation, I'm looking forward to returning to my CBS home on Monday nights,said Sheen in a statement issued by his publicist.