half-baked : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s foolish; totally unsound
- s insufficiently cooked
- His $30 What's Cooking? felt half-baked.
- The rest of her life is, however, half-baked.
- Having said that, let the half-baked, knee-jerk judgment begin!) To be fair, NBC has the least reason of any of the broadcast networks to offer anything new, given that it leads .
News & Articles
- St. Pete College says it can offer four-year degree for $10,000
TAMPA - The idea was derided as a "half-baked scheme" by the state Democratic Party, and a state Board of Education member blasted it as a gimmick.
June 13, 2013 - St. Petersburg Tribune
- 'Man of Steel' and the Smothering of Superman
In some ways, the most important moment of Man of Steel comes when the inherent silliness of Superman — the cape, the flying, the square-jawed earnestness — is referenced but then tossed away in favor of shaky-cam seriousness and half-baked attempts at creating a sense of realism.
June 12, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire
- Online Courses Have Reached A Turning Point That Should Seriously Scare Colleges
Colleges around the country should be worried. The quality of online courses is catching up fast. Depending on whom you talk to, MOOCs (massively open online courses) will upend and democratize higher education, or are half-baked approximations of lectures that can never equal the classroom.
June 11, 2013 - Business Insider
- Andrew Cuomo in New York Times
Rather than work with this office to prevent further abuses, in the middle of the night, Craigslist took unilateral action which we suspect will prove to be half-baked,Mr. Cuomo said in a statement.
- Bob Crow in BBC News
Rail, Maritime and Transport Union (RMT) general secretary Bob Crow said: "Boris Johnson should apologise personally to all those who were assaulted and abused last night thanks to a half-baked gimmick designed solely as a publicity stunt and...
- Charles Schumer in Newsday
This once again shows that the DOT needs to put a stop to this ideological battle that would cause chaos at New York airports. The administration has tried to jam through a half-baked plan that can't even be implemented,said Sen. Charles...