gut : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the part of the alimentary canal between the stomach and the anus
- n a narrow channel or strait
- n a strong cord made from the intestines of sheep and used in surgery
- v empty completely; destroy the inside of
- v remove the guts of
gut the sheep
- What's more, says Katz, "regardless of the variation of gut flora in the population, the entire population is getting heavy.
- There are intellectual arguments, but on a gut level, what is most persuasive for me personally is comparing the best times of my life with the worst times.
- An old man grabbed my hand and guided it over the contours of shrapnel buried in his gut.
News & Articles
- TNA Announces Winner Of Online Gut Check Challenge, Joseph Park Reacts To Big Win (Video)
- The official website of TNA Wrestling has announced "Bad Bones" John Klinger as the winner of the Gut Check Challenge, an online tournament.
June 16, 2013 - Lords of Pain
- CNN's GUT CHECK for June 14, 2013
CNN's GUT CHECK | for June 14, 2013 | 5 p.m. - n. a pause to assess the state, progress or condition of the political news cycle HOW TO SILENCE an audience of conservatives part 1: Jeb Bush, arguing for immigration reform, says immigrants 'are more fertile'… "Immigrants create far more businesses than native-born Americans […]
June 14, 2013 - CNN Political Ticker
- CNN's GUT CHECK for June 13, 2013
CNN's GUT CHECK | for June 13, 2013 | 5 p.m. - n. a pause to assess the state, progress or condition of the political news cycle BREAKING… RED LINE IN SYRIA: CNN’s Barbara Starr reports that Congress has been notified that the U.S. will acknowledge Syria has used chemical weapons, multiple times, on a […]
June 13, 2013 - CNN Political Ticker
- Ted Thompson in Forbes
Quite frankly, it's a little gut-wrenching as an organization to go through it, and certainly for Mike and myself,Thompson said. "This stuff hurts a lot of people. I mean, it hurts. I'm not talking about physically hurting, but the...
- Andre Dawson in Montreal Gazette
It was a little gut-wrenching for me to hear that, but it's (the Hall of Fame's) decision, and I respect that, and from there I move on,Dawson said Wednesday on ESPN 1000, a Chicago sports radio station.
- Rod Thorn in New York Times
I just think it's time,Thorn said Tuesday at a news conference to introduce the Nets' two draft picks, Derrick Favors and Damion James. "You have gut reactions to different things over the course of time. I trust my instincts, and I think...