- n the part of the alimentary canal between the stomach and the anus
- If lack of the food to which the upper bowel is accustomed continues for more than a very few hours, those species of bacteria normally resident in the colon and cecum ascend .
- Some contain diuretics or laxatives that can cause skin rashes, diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome.
- American physicians have contended for decades that it does not matter whether a person has one or two bowel movements a day or only two or three a week.
News & Articles
- National survey finds moms face many physical and emotional challenges after birth; many have concerns about injury ...
Women giving birth in U.S. hospitals reported experiencing a wide range of physical and emotional conditions as new-onset problems in the first two months after birth. These included pain and infection, urinary and bowel problems, concern with weight control, lack of sexual desire, feelings of stress and depression, and sleep loss and exhaustion.
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Free lecture seeks to connect allergies to digestion problems
CHICO — A free seminar discussing the causes of irritable bowel syndrome and the food people eat will be 5-6 p.
June 11, 2013 - Chico Enterprise-Record
- Females fend off gut diseases -- at least among mice
At least among mice, females have innate protection from certain digestive conditions, according to a new study. While it's tricky to draw conclusions for human health, the findings could eventually help scientists better understand and treat the millions of people suffering from inflammatory bowel diseases.
June 11, 2013 - Science Daily
- Bob Edmonds in Canada.com
The cancer spread from the bowel to his liver and pancreas and eventually claimed his life,Edmonds said in an interview.
- Gwyneth Paltrow in Mirror.co.uk
Gwyneth adds helpfully: "If your bowel movements get sluggish, you can accelerate things by drinking half a cup of olive oil."
- Jade Goody in Daily Star
Jade said of her operation: "The hard truth is I'd be dead if they hadn't cleared the blockage in my bowel.