- s extravagantly demonstrative
write unrestrained and gushy poetry
- An odd-sounding phrase, perhaps, from the man who wrote the gushy words of head-over-heels devotion to Maria for West Side Story, the anthem to unrequited passion, Losing My Mind .
- But in the scramble to fill up ads with gushy testimonials -- especially for films that haven't opened yet or have drawn tepid reviews -- publicists are turning increasingly to a .
- Homage aside, in conjunction with gushy OMGs and exclamation points, the use of all caps points to the problematic nature of writing for an Internet audience.
News & Articles
- My advice: Lie to your mom!
How can I deal with a needy, gushy, over-emotional mother for whom everything is a great big sad dramatic scene?
Aug. 20, 2013 - Salon.com
- Christina Aguilera in Teen People Magazine
He always leaves Post-Its by my bed when I wake up in the morning telling me how much he loves me. All that gushy stuff, but it feels good. He's the best,Aguilera, 26, said of Bratman, 29, whom she wed in 2005 and calls her "best friend in...
- Joey Cora in San Francisco Chronicle
You can't expect every day everyone will be all gushy together, and Orlando plays to win, sometimes that rubs people the wrong way,Cora said. "That always surprised me, to be honest, because between the lines, he helped us to win a lot of...
- Remy Ma in SOHH
It's hard for me to get real gushy gushy on record,Remy says. "But it's a nice love song, like on some 'I love you, but I'm not sweating you and I won't stab your car tires.' It's nice."