- s uttered with unrestrained enthusiasm
- s extravagantly demonstrative
insincere and effusive demonstrations of sentimental friendship
- I expect her to give a passionate and persuasive performance this evening introducing her husband to the country, one that will bring effusive praise from the media and will no .
- The English are not effusive by nature, but they make exceptions for David Beckham, Cliff Richard and Radiohead.
- Luci's effusive manner cooled noticeably, and she offered only a perfunctory handshake.
News & Articles
- Will Prime Minister Abe save Japan's economy?
Long held up as a cautionary tale for the US and Europe, Japan’s economy is now being talked about in much more effusive tones.Six months after he took office promising to drag the world’s third-largest economy out of two “lost” decades of stagnation, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s approach – inevitably dubbed Abenomics – is now being touted as an alternative to the West’s austerity drive.The Tokyo ...
June 11, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Sooner captain Shults model of perseverance for team
Oklahoma coach Patty Gasso was effusive in her praise for the outgoing senior class at OU after the Sooners earned the program’s second national title on Tuesday. The four seniors — Keilani Ricketts, Jessica Shults, Michelle Gascoigne and ...
June 7, 2013 - The Norman Transcript
- Jay Leno in Times Online
It sounded suspicious when a young person got overly effusive,Mr Leno said. "It just didn't click with me."
- Bill Frist in CNN
Frist said that during that testimony, Clarke was "effusive in his praise for the actions of the Bush administration," though the majority leader provided no details.
- Jon Stewart in CNN Political Ticker
\ "Biden is really nice. His style is so effusive and unguarded," Stewart said. "He's emotion plus."