gunwale : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n wale at the top of the side of boat; topmost planking of a wooden vessel
- Originally intended mainly for patios, Ozite is spreading to schools, supermarkets, kitchens, and is carpeting yachts gunwale to gunwale.
- All are packed, gunwale to gunwale, with Haitian refugees carrying their possessions on their backs and in small wicker baskets.
- Anxious to retrieve his line, Boadby leaned over the gunwale, gaffed the shark and trussed it to his boatthereupon technically setting a light-tackle record that is likely to .
News & Articles
- Campers set sail for 24th year
Alone in her sailboat, the little girl gripped the gunwale with one hand and wrapped the other tightly around the rudder.
July 11, 2013 - The Stockton Record
- Howell Raines in San Jose Mercury News
Tennant's head was hanging over the gunwale,Raines wrote, "and from time to time, he shouted passionately at the sea. He is not a large man, but he seemed to hold quite a lot. Seeing my friend in the embrace of mal de mer reminded me of a...