- n a Hindu or Buddhist religious leader and spiritual teacher
- n each of the first ten leaders of the Sikh religion
- n a recognized leader in some field or of some movement
a guru of genomics
- He is called Balyogeshwar Param Hans Satgurudev Shri Sant Ji Maharajhardly a name likely to become a household word.
- Paramhansa Yogananda, by his own claim, was the last in a line of four Indian gurus who were "directly commanded" by God to teach the world "the secret yogic science of.
- The guru's followers, who had virtually taken over a small town near the commune, voted this month to change the name of the site from Rajneesh back to the earlier one, Antelope.
- Rod Thorn in SI.com
Someone is going to get very smart in a hurry,Nets president Rod Thorn said. "There is going to be a GM who all the sudden becomes a guru and a coach that is going to be very good."
- Bal Thackeray in Expressindia.com
Thackeray said he did not support any kind of terrorism that "weakens the country and we regret the loss of life in the Malegaon incident. But if the pseudo secularists in the country are supportive of Afzal Guru (Parliament attack convict), why...
- Gideon Haigh in ABC Online
A guru to Ian Chappell and Shane Warne among others, he is perhaps the most influential cricketer and cricket personality since the Second World War,says cricket writer Gideon Haigh. "As a leg-spinner, he was full of baits and traps, and...