- n small freshwater fish of South America and the West Indies; often kept in aquariums
- I had separated the mother guppy from the rest of the fish by placing her in an uncovered bowl.
- A guppy, with its symphony of biological systems and subsystems, is vastly more complicated than a star.
- Culex, for example, can be controlled by the mosquito fish (gambusia) and the common guppy which eat mosquito larvae in water.
News & Articles
- How do these things even fly?
The big stuff moves us. You don't have to be an aviation enthusiast to appreciate the beauty and wonder when the world's biggest airplanes take flight. These amazing machines have names like the Jumbo Jet, The Mriya, the Dreamlifter and the Super Guppy.
June 21, 2013 - CNN
- Scott Boras in Times Daily (registration)
We all got starts and more guys need to go on and make big scores, which hopefully Guppy and Baz can do tomorrow. There was a positive feeling in the team but we've talked about the need for guys to go on and put Bangladesh under some... Peter Ingram http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Ingram&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFmlU4Lcy5MZJ05dgW-V8x74upavw Stuff.co.nz http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/3332149/Black-Caps-top-order-blow-it-again/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGn108YQTKxXnz3fZCAU6gnygPqdg Feb 15, 2010
44505 60800 guppy It's like going from a guppy to an octopus," Mr. Boras, the sports agent, said.
- Herm Edwards in Houston Chronicle
It's like a fish story,Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said. "It started as a guppy, and when it got to New York, it was a whale. Everyone kept adding to the story."