- n a preparation (usually made of sweetened chicle) for chewing
- n the tissue (covered by mucous membrane) of the jaws that surrounds the bases of the teeth
- n any of various substances (soluble in water) that exude from certain plants; they are gelatinous when moist but harden on drying
- n cement consisting of a sticky substance that is used as an adhesive
- n wood or lumber from any of various gum trees especially the sweet gum
- n any of various trees of the genera Eucalyptus or Liquidambar or Nyssa that are sources of gum
- v cover, fill, fix or smear with or as if with gum
if you gum the tape it is stronger
- v grind with the gums; chew without teeth and with great difficulty
- v become sticky
- v exude or form gum
these trees gum in the Spring
- It's not a typo: gum control has become a legal priority for many cities.
- PTI: Nicotine gum, such as the brand Nicorette, is one of the methods people tend to stay on longer.
- Every drag takes you a step closer to gumming your way through dinner: cigarettes cause gum disease and subsequent tooth loss.
News & Articles
- Jackson, MS Periodontist, Dr. Roger Parkes Brings Gum Disease Patients the FDA-cleared Laser Gum Disease Treatment
Periodontal disease patients in Jackson, MS now have a new option for gum disease treatment that delivers improved results in less time and with less pain than traditional treatments. The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure has been recently cleared by the FDA for use in the United States. (PRWeb June 24, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10866612.htm
June 25, 2013 - PRWeb
- Rebels' Gum off to strong start
NEW MARKET -- When C.J. Rhodes was on the recruiting trail during his time as a volunteer assistant at Virginia Commonwealth University, he had a chance to see Brandon Gum play. So it's no surprise he was excited to get the opportunity to coach him this season with the New Market Rebels.
June 23, 2013 - The Northern Virginia Daily
- Gum Tree 3D Shoot
CAMBRIDGE - Gum Tree 3D Shoot outside Cambridge, Idaho hosted by Indianhead Bowhunters, June 22 and 23. Forty targets, trophies both days, smoker round Friday and Saturday at 6 p.m. Registration open
June 21, 2013 - Argus Observer
- Neil Robertson in AFP
I said to someone after the match that it felt like trying to get a piece of chewing gum out of a carpet,explained Robertson, who reached the semi-finals here last year.
- Robert Bothwell in FOXNews
Coming into an election with a promise to enact something called a tax, no matter if it's one cent on bubble gum is not a sensible tactic,Bothwell said.
- Kevin Rudd in The Australian
According to dental health experts, there is a fourfold increase in dental decay between 12 and 21 years of age, and almost half of all teenagers have some signs of gum disease,Mr Rudd said. "Tooth decay ranks as Australia's most prevalent...