- s characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort
- Tommie Bartlett was just an announcer when he was tapped to take over his gruelling assignment.
- Trying to negotiate a loan modificationor a short saleis a gruelling process that can easily leave a person emotionally battered.
- John Paul's health has deteriorated so visibly and dramatically over the past four weeks, however, that many wonder how much longer the 83-year-old can continue his gruelling round .
News & Articles
- Notebook: Bearded Keegan Bradley has it rough
ARDMORE, Pa. — The normally clean shaven Keegan Bradley is wearing a two-month growth of facial hair. It’s his version of a playoff beard, in tribute to his hometown Bruins. The longtime New Englander, who is competing in his second U.S. Open, stayed up as long as he could Wednesday night to watch the Bruins go down in a gruelling 4-3 triple-overtime loss to the Chicago Blackhawks. Bradley made ...
June 14, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Brock Lesnar in The Canadian Press
From that fight to this one feels like 10 years,Lesnar said. "It's been a gruelling road. To come back from all that, and to be here and to win, words just cannot describe it. I really feel like I'm in a dream."
- Nick Faldo in Hartford Courant
Sergio was tired --- he was on antibiotics last week,Faldo said at Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Ky. "Lee has whopping great blisters on his feet from his new shoes. This week is a gruelling week on the body. Sergio wanted to be...
- Robert Gates in BBC News
Mr Gates said Nato had "rolled back the Taleban from previous strongholds in the south. They are taking the fight to the enemy in some of the most gruelling conditions imaginable".