grueling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort
a grueling campaign
- There, he entered the grueling, spartan world of the sumo stable, and as all professional sumo wrestlers on the rise must, traded in his identity for a new name: "Asashoryu" (Blue .
- The singers' work schedule is grueling.
- What's the key to surviving a grueling series of all-nighters during finals week? No, not Red Bull think water, lots of water.
News & Articles
- Beach patrol personnel start day with grueling competition
It was too early for breakfast, but it wasn't too early for a triathlon. Hitting the water by 5 a.m. Wednesday, county lifeguards and fire rescue members met for a grueling endurance test lasting more than four hours.
June 13, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- Blackhawks win Game 1 of Stanley Cup Final in triple OT classic vs. Bruins
The Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins battled for 112 grueling minutes in the fifth-longest Stanley Cup Final game in NHL history, until an Andrew Shaw deflection goal at 12:08 of triple overtime handed Game 1 to the home team, 4-3. … Continue reading ?
June 13, 2013 - Puck Daddy via Yahoo! Sports
- Grueling summer workouts begin at West Brook
Grueling summer workouts begin at West Brook Beaumont Enterprise Copyright 2013 Beaumont Enterprise. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 11:24 am, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 The first week of summer vacation for a number of area high school students began with the backdrop of a coach yelling times from a stopwatch on Monday ...
June 12, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- Brock Lesnar in msnbc.com
It's been a grueling road. To come back from all that, and to be here and to win, words just cannot describe it. I really feel like I'm in a dream. I knew he was getting tired,Lesnar said.
- Jenna Bush in Forbes
Bush said she started by writing longer, more conventional chapters, but "it just really was too much. It was too heavy, and I thought kids would find it really grueling and not at all optimistic or fun to read."
- Dana Perino in Reuters
President Bush congratulates Sen. Obama for clinching the Democratic party's 2008 nomination for president,Perino told reporters. "He knows from personal experience that the presidential nominating process is a grueling one and Sen. Obama...