groundnut : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a North American vine with fragrant blossoms and edible tubers; important food crop of Native Americans
- n nutlike tuber; important food of Native Americans
- n pod of the peanut vine containing usually 2 nuts or seeds; `groundnut' and `monkey nut' are British terms
- There are higher-yielding varieties of groundnut than those that farmers in Malawi tend to plant, but getting them to switch is tough.
- Africans in native robes serve groundnut soup and couscous ($4.
- For transport they commandeered everything available; groundnut wagons rolled toward the front behind big red-and-silver municipal passenger buses.
- Cary Fowler in Biology News Net (press release)
So called 'orphan' crops like cowpea and groundnut are not minor or insignificant crops,said Cary Fowler, executive director of the Global Crop Diversity Trust. "They are of great importance to regional food security. In addition, they are...
- Sharad Pawar in Reuters India
Prices of soybean, groundnut and overall oilseeds have gone down substantially. We will have to protect farmers and we may impose duty on crude palm oil,Pawar said.
- President Bush in USA Today
In those days, people did not have the capacity to process groundnut and had to sell to produce boards that exported them. Today, however, people have been empowered. You will even see women processing groundnut at their backyards to extract oil... Ibrahim Shekarau http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Shekarau&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFe9sbFBnE9-o87A2D6pd2J13rTVA AllAfrica.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://allafrica.com/stories/200805220629.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFAQp3oDDMxAz6EUXxMFhZQi9bfDQ May 22, 2008
44011 60317 grounds If the Senate Judiciary Committee were to block Judge Mukasey on these grounds, they would set a new standard for confirmation that could not be met by any responsible nominee for attorney general," Bush said.