- n pod of the peanut vine containing usually 2 nuts or seeds; `groundnut' and `monkey nut' are British terms
- Fighting the goober crunch However thin you spread it, peanut butter is in short supply and increasingly expensive as a result of last summer's drought in the producing.
- This Jindal guy sounds like a real goober.
- Proving that more than one peanut farmer knows how to exploit his roots, a goober grower from Virginia enticed a collector into shelling out $10,000 for an 1861 Virginia $500 note.
News & Articles
- Work to become great, not a goober
Before 1930, the lowly goober pea, now known as the peanut, was used for little more than food for pigs. Today, it’s an extremely valuable crop with hundreds of uses. The potential was always there, i
Sept. 22, 2013 - Kearney Hub
- George Lindsey in FOXNews
It's an affirmation. It doesn't mean anything except `I enjoy the show,'said Lindsey. "I've got so much more of a career, but the Goober character was so strong."
- Jeff Ulbrich in San Jose Mercury News
He thinks I'm a goober, a little nerd driving around in my Prius when he's got his fancy Range Rover over there,said Ulbrich, 31, smiling as he recalled the locker room banter.
- Billy Bob Thornton in Meadville Tribune
Growing up, the Andy Griffith Show was the thing that made me want to be an actor,Thornton said. "Goober, Barney, Andy, Aunt Bea, Opie - all of those people were part of your family."