group : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any number of entities (members) considered as a unit
- n (chemistry) two or more atoms bound together as a single unit and forming part of a molecule
- n a set that is closed, associative, has an identity element and every element has an inverse
- v arrange into a group or groups
Can you group these shapes together?
- v form a group or group together
- Society itself is defined by the group.
- The group has shown alarming vigor in the past six months.
- In a dramatic break with the President, an influential group calls for the Attorney General's ouster.
News & Articles
- Group files complaint against Perry
A watchdog group is alleging Gov. Rick Perry abused his official powers by threatening to halt funding to the state's Public Integrity Unit if a district attorney convicted of drunk driving doesn't resign.
June 14, 2013 - KXAN 36 Austin
- Group Formed To Save Bandshell
A new group calling itself Friends of the Bandshell has organized in an attempt to raise an estimated $150,000 needed to repair and build a foundation for the bandshell in Valley City's City Park.
June 14, 2013 - Valley City Times Record
- Group seeks to oust Griggs County commissioners
A group of Griggs County residents has submitted petitions seeking to recall the five members of the County Commission over plans to replace the aging courthouse.
June 14, 2013 - KXMA-TV Dickinson
- David Villa in The Associated Press
The group deserves this, but we want more,sublime Spanish striker David Villa said. "We are happy to be in the final, that was our objective. But now we want to be champions."
- Jens Stoltenberg in Salon
These are separate individuals that are responsible for criminal acts,Stoltenberg said. "It is always bad to judge a whole group of people from what individuals are doing and that is independently of what group these people belong to."
- Gordon Brown in NDTV.com
It's obvious that we have a group of people, not just in this country but around the world, who are prepared to inflict maximum damage on civilians,said Gordon Brown, British Prime Minister.