gridiron : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a cooking utensil of parallel metal bars; used to grill fish or meat
- n the playing field on which football is played
- A gridiron calls for red meat.
- With fall and football in the air, the experts plunged last week into their annual mid-September gridiron forecasts.
- The Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys and their fellow gridiron gladiators? No, far less violent.
News & Articles
- WOODHAVEN: Former football players planning grid iron rumble reunion July 27
WOODHAVEN — It won’t be football season when former players from Woodhaven and Trenton high schools hit the gridiron, but organizers believe it will be a “must-see match-up” just the same.
June 16, 2013 - The News-Herald
- Gittin' 'R Done at Gridiron Golf Classic
It was a star-studded night at the Holiday Inn Express Thursday when Nebraska Cornhusker coaches and Larry the Cable Guy gathered in support of the Gridiron Golf Classic tournament.
June 14, 2013 - The Beatrice Daily Sun
- Allegany Gridiron Club meets today
The Allegany Gridiron Club will meet today, 6 p.m., in the Allegany High School library. Golf tournament plans will be discussed.
June 12, 2013 - Cumberland Times-News
- Kathleen Blanco in ESPN
He used the gridiron to bring us together and he became one of the greatest civil rights pioneers in all of Louisiana,said Blanco, who presented Robinson's family with an American flag that had flown in the state Capitol. "Over the years,...
- Daryl Johnston in Forbes
We've got to get these guys together and stop the bickering, stop the arguing and start moving forward in a positive direction,Johnston said. "Because Gridiron Greats and Fourth & Goal are simply Band-Aids to hold this system together...
- Barack Obama in The Hill (blog)
What the Gridiron Greats is doing is what the NFLPA, NFL and the owners have not done -- which is showing compassion and responsiveness to the needs of those in need that have played this game. The disability system is at best dysfunctional, so... Mike Ditka http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Ditka&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGDB7B5cwuWcIHZ5qYu7uEsCF0hUg PR Web (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.prweb.com/releases/Gridiron_Greats/Mike_Ditka/prweb575264.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNESc1UoSz5RUFqK8Pc52ndR9iurbA Dec 8, 2007
43732 60081 gridlock I don't think [the American people] want more gridlock, I don't think they want more partisanship, I don't think they want more obstruction," Obama said. "They didn't send us to Washington to to fight each other in some sort of political...