- v express greetings upon meeting someone
- v send greetings to
- v react to in a certain way
The President was greeted with catcalls
- v be perceived by
Loud music greeted him when he entered the apartment
- President Obama and Michelle Obama greet leaders and their spouse upon arrival at the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- In fact, older women and dozens of children greet us, but there is not a young man or woman in sight.
- Neither was left to greet the Estonian delegation of enforced capitulators who alighted a few minutes later at the same Moscow air field.
News & Articles
- Buffalo Bills' CJ Spiller visits 'Meet and Greet' for PlaySafe
Former Clemson great and current NFL player C.J. Spiller of the Buffalo Bills attended a recent "Meet and Greet" for PlaySafe at the West End Zone at Clemson Memorial Stadium on May 17.
June 19, 2013 - Anderson Independent-Mail
- Meet and Greet for Rep. Pompeo
Pratt Area Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a Meet and Greet for Representative Mike Pompeo from noon to 1:15 p.m. Friday, June 21, at the Pratt Municipal Building. The public is invited to attend. Lunch will not be provided, but please feel free to bring your own lunch.
June 18, 2013 - The Pratt Tribune
- Meet and Greet Justin Bieber in Kanata
You could win a Meet and Greet with Justin Bieber in Kanata!* Just create a makeup or nail look based around one of these Justin Bieber songs: Beauty and a Beat Somebody to Love Boyfriend Once you’ve created your look**, send a photo of it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or tag us on Instagram @thekit #WinJBwithTheKit The grand prize is two tickets to meet Justin Bieber, and see his show in ...
June 17, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Gary Busey in USA Today
I simply greeted both actresses with joy and open arms, which is the way I would greet anyone I'm happy to meet,Busey said. "Everyone has experienced a handshake or hug which has turned awkward, and this was no different."
- Diego Maradona in The Age
I don't know why Butcher is taking this attitude,Maradona said of the former England defender who is now assistant manager of Scotland. "If people are fine with me, I'll greet them. Let Butcher get on with his life and I'll get on with my...
- Ron Silver in NBC Bay Area
Oftenwhen I walked onto the set of 'The West Wing' some of my colleagues would greet me with a chanting of 'Ron, Ron, the neo-con.' It was all done in fun but it had an edge,Silver wrote in a Nov. 15, 2007, entry of his blog on the Pajamas...