- n an open-air marketplace for farm products
- A slow-poached egg-- say, at 143F for 90 minutes-- is that rare, perfect synthesis of greenmarket and high tech.
- The eggs we buy at the greenmarket are locally laid, honey, not locally hatched.
- Mark, if you'll recall, won the Quickfire Challenge involving ingredients purchased from a Chicago greenmarket, which made him well-paired for Get Fresh, whose menu focuses on local .
News & Articles
- Are garlic scapes the new ramps? They’re flying off shelves
Greenmarket devotees who have been lining up to buy ramps—those garlicky wild onions that have been going for upwards of $17 a pound the past few years—have found another trendy member of the allium family to obsess over: garlic scapes.For years, gardeners and even farmers have been lopping off garlic scapes—the stalks of hardneck garlic plants—and tossing them in compost piles, but over the ...
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Anthony Weiner Goes on ‘Food-Stamp Diet’
Anthony Weiner brought his redemption tour to the sunny and crowded Union Square Greenmarket early Wednesday afternoon and made an announcement: For the next week, he will subsist on the “food-stamp diet,” or an average of about a dollar and 50 cents per meal.
June 12, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Kenny Barron in Boston Globe (registration)
The City strongly supports sustainable family farming through our Greenmarket program -- which has nearly doubled its locations over the past five years -- and it's an honor to be hosting Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp and Farm Aid for their 2007... Michael Bloomberg http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bloomberg&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF0yS62k8BJaV-YE-tVY5NKrA5nbA Earthtimes.org http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,120342.shtml&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFX16xgUCR9TQbYpxur-bSCuEjlzQ Jun 11, 2007
43651 59939 greenmarket My wife and I were shopping at the Greenmarket in Union Square, and we stopped in at a place called Coffeeshop, and they were playing there," Barron says, professing surprise to have found such a stellar combo working a random daytime gig....
- Max Planck in New York Times
IN 2004, Nina Planck, who had just been dismissed as director of the New York City Greenmarkets, wrote in an Op-Ed article in The New York Times: "Perhaps it is time Greenmarket itself had some competition."