greensward : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n surface layer of ground containing a mat of grass and grass roots
- They're making the most of every patch of greensward, revamping older courses and shifting their practices to booming markets overseas.
- The greensward of the Rawalpindi Golf Club teases the poor with dreams of the good life, but its gates are firmly closed.
- Today, though, this lush greensward is a portrait of modern India.
News & Articles
- To Do Wednesday: Urban Oasis
Waltz under a canopy of wisteria while gazing out at six acres of lush landscapes and blooming flowers—all in Manhattan. The Greensward Circle, the junior committee of the Central Park Conservancy, is hosting its eighth annual summer benefit “Evening in the Garden” with drinks, fancy food and live music by Leroy Justice in the Conservatory Garden’s pretty pergola, a serene sanctuary in the park ...
June 26, 2013 - The New York Observer