greenskeeper : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone responsible for the maintenance of a golf course
- But can the son of a greenskeeper from the Pennsylvania coal country find happiness in a world of luxury and high finance? Apparently not.
- The greenskeeper also dared not venture past the eighth, because he was a Canadian.
- His father, Milfred Jerome ("Deacon") Palmer, was greenskeeper and teaching pro at the club in Latrobe, 30 miles east of Pittsburgh.
News & Articles
- West Valley City golf course reopens as The Ridge after 21-month overhaul
West Valley City • The head golf professional, superintendent and clubhouse are still the same, a comforting notion considering that Mike Richards and John Brubaker are the only pro and greenskeeper this course has ever had and hundreds of folks have celebrated weddings and other big life moments on the upper floor of the facility. But this is not your father’s West Ridge Golf Course — not even ...
June 29, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Bill Murray in Washington Post
It was like it was (Carl's) motorcycle, so it had a little bit of army surplus, a little bit of army ordinance and a little bit of greenskeeper,Murray told The Associated Press in a recent phone interview. "It was fun. I got to lift...
- Bo Van Pelt in USA Today
I live in Oklahoma and it was kind of the same scenario, just kind of uncharacteristically dry and hot all winter,said Bo Van Pelt, one of those at 5-under 66. "I talked to the greenskeeper yesterday, and they weren't thrilled about where...
- Davis Love III in San Jose Mercury News
We've seen it all here,said Love, a two-time winner. "It's unfortunate. But we're used to it. I just saw the assistant greenskeeper at dinner last night and he's like, `Every time you guys come, you bring the rain.' We'll deal with it."