- n used as a lubricant and as a moderator in nuclear reactors
- Both systems employed graphite to moderate the nuclear reaction.
- When an rbmk reactor loses its water coolant the graphite remains in place and a nuclear reaction continues producing heat that, combined with oxygen, can set the graphite on fire.
- Built up in layers inside wooden framing, it took the shape of a doorknob the size of a two-car garage a flattened graphite ellipsoid 25 ft.
News & Articles
- Western Graphite Completes Phase I Program At Pure Flake Graphite Mine
TORONTO, JUNE 20, 2013. Western Graphite Inc. (OTCBB: WSGP) is pleased to announce that Paul Gray has completed his reconnaissance, rock sampling and compilation work program on the PURE FLAKE Mineral ...
June 20, 2013 - Accesswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Sabre Graphite Corp. Announces Option Grant
Sabre Graphite Corp. announces it has approved the grant of an aggregate of 1,350,000 options to its directors, officers, and consultants pursuant to its stock option plan, of which 1,200,000 were granted ...
June 19, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Graphite Software secures $4.4 million in Series A funding
OTTAWA, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Graphite Software Corporation announced today that it has secured an initial round of financing of $4.4 million led by Celtic House Venture Partners. Graphite Software is a mobile security start-up founded by industry veterans Paul Litva,...
June 19, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Stephen Chou in Princeton University
Previously, scientists have been able to peel graphene sheets from graphite blocks, but they had no control over the size and location of the pieces when placing them on a surface,Chou said.
- Hwang Jang Yop in ë™ì•„ì¼ë³´
The former secretary Hwang said, "In fact, I heard the plutonium (extracted) with a graphite reactor is unusable directly from the secretary of munitions manufacture. Before that, they had frequently asked me to find a way as secretary of...
- Wayne Gretzky in Columbus Dispatch
I went back to wood for my last season (1998-99),said Phoenix coach Wayne Gretzky, the NHL's career scoring leader. "Brett Hull once told me that pucks bounce off the graphite sticks a lot and players don't handle the puck as well as they...