- n Italian brandy made from residue of grapes after pressing
- The Irish have their eponymous coffee, and any authentic Italian restaurant offers something called caff corretto, a shot of espresso mixed with a shot of grappa or sambuca.
- Saturday night had ended with a couple of rounds of French white (the 2002 Silex, $115 a bottle) followed by three glasses of grappa, the high-proof distillation of grape pomace .
- Before 1970, liquor stores used to stock tequila if they carried it at allon a back shelf alongside ouzo and grappa.
- Stefano Garzelli in AFP
After the stage of Monte Grappa, where I had a bad day, I decided that it was pointless to compete for the overall standings and just to go for stage wins,said Garzelli. "But I was really thinking of Wednesday's stage rather than the...
- RW Apple in Indian Express
As RW Apple Jr wrote in the New York Times, Nonino "tamed grappa, taught it table manners and gave it mass appeal, not only in Italy but overseas, too."
- Alexander Stubb in Times Online
Alexander Stubb, a Finnish MEP, said: "We have made vodka out of potato and grain for over 500 years. When we became EU members in 1995 we were told that vodka would have a tight definition, just like rum, just like whisky, just like grappa. We...