granddaddy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the father of your father or mother
- But this year the granddaddy of college ratings has a slew of new competitors.
- But now the granddaddy of economic statistics gross domestic product (GDP) is under attack.
- Raoul Dufy is the 71-year-old granddaddy of modem chic.
News & Articles
- With Grandpa Gone, His Grandson Drives On
Superior, WI (NNCNOW.com) --- If the title "granddaddy of racing" ever exists in the Northland, one of the leading candidates would have to be Don Roseen, whose death last month has left his grandson to carry the family torch.
June 11, 2013 - Northland's News Center
- The 56th Annual Gold Coast Art Fair
Date: Saturday, June 29 – Sunday, June 30, 2013 Time: 10 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily Place: Grant Park’s Butler Field Admission: FREE Website: The 56th Annual Gold Coast Art Fair The Gold Coast Art Fair, the “Granddaddy of American …
June 11, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- Back Story: Book fuels fascination with airplane wrecks
I have always been fascinated with shipwrecks, the granddaddy being the Titanic, followed by the Andrea Doria, and the nether world where they dwell, tragic relics frozen in time. Wrecked airplanes also do it for me.
June 7, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Fred Smoot in Forbes
Coach (Gibbs) has that granddaddy effect on you,cornerback Fred Smoot said. "And Gregg, he gives off a mad scientist-type vibe. You've got to love that if you're a football player."
- Ron Zook in Forbes
It hasn't soaked in yet,Illinois coach Ron Zook said. "The Rose Bowl is hard to get to. There's a reason why they call it `The Granddaddy of them all.'"
- Roy Williams in International Herald Tribune
The ACC tournament is the granddaddy of all tournaments. I love it when I get there. I love the pageantry of it,Williams said. "But in today's times, it's not what it was 30 years ago."