grandee : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a nobleman of highest rank in Spain or Portugal
- The conundrum was prefigured by Farouk's grandfather, Khedive Ismail, a grandee who died in 1895 while trying to guzzle two bottles of champagne in one draft.
- Luckily, a rollicking tale of a Labour grandee and a toffy Tory involving the betrayal of secrets and the lure of obscene wealth is adding considerably to the nation's gaiety as .
- The Duke of Wellington, 31, sixth of his line, who was also a Netherlands prince, a Spanish grandee, a Portuguese count.
News & Articles
- Letters to the editor: Oct. 24, 2013
This letter is addressed to the person(s) who recently ripped off one of our Gatewood Hills neighborhood signs at the corner of Pomerado Road and Grandee Place.
Oct. 23, 2013 - Pomerado Newspaper Group