gourd : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n bottle made from the dried shell of a bottle gourd
- n any of numerous inedible fruits with hard rinds
- n any vine of the family Cucurbitaceae that bears fruits with hard rinds
- A bearded Dani man followed, his penis tucked proudly into a hollow orange gourd that looked like a two-foot-long carrot.
- Many of the foraged plants, like bitter snake gourdgood for treating digestive disordersare disappearing along with forest habitats.
- Or a Cuban percussion instrument made from a gourd.
- Robert Byrd in KVUE
Miller then took off after another senator, Robert Byrd, saying he's "off his gourd," and former President Clinton, saying that getting him to write an honest book "is like asking Britney Spears to sing a capella."
- Woody Austin in The Times-Picayune - NOLA.com
I know I was choking,Austin said. "I'm not going to lie to you. I'm not going to give you a political answer and say, 'Well, I just didn't have my game today.' I didn't have my game today because I was scared out of my gourd and I was...
- Robert Mugabe in Times Online
That was a terrible blow,recalled Mugabe. "It was poisoning. In those days we used to be given some poisonous stuff to spray on grass to kill locusts. Michael possibly went into an auntie's room and fetched a gourd that had held poison and...