- n the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something
the governance of an association is responsible to its members
- n the act of governing; exercising authority
- In the wake of a tide of business failures, business educators are renewing their emphasis on corporate governance basics The policies and activities that boards of directors .
- A continent best known for its symptoms of morbid decline is doing remarkably well by measure of economic growth and good governance.
- This can skew governance and often is not in the best interest of the non-family member shareholders.
News & Articles
- Executive Next Practices Forum – National Association of Corporate Directors Boardroom Excellence – from Governance to ...
The Executive Next Practices Institute (ENP), an innovation and collaboration think tank designed for C-level business executives to review new leadership and business strategies, has teamed up with the National Association of Corporate Directors, Southern California Division (NACD) to present “Boardroom Excellence – From Governance to Aligned Performance” on July 18 at the AMN Headquarters ...
June 22, 2013 - PRWeb
- Recommind Launches Breakthrough Information Governance Suite
Recommind, a leader in unstructured data management, analysis and governance technology, has released the Recommind Information Governance Suite , the first integrated governance solution built from the ...
June 19, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Data Governance Based on Roles and Responsibilities is Key to Avoiding Regulatory Risk
by Jonathan Sander Data governance is critical to managing the availability, integrity and security of all data across the enterprise. Every organization must comply with today’s copious amounts of external regulations for handling data, and data governance is the discipline that helps the enterprise remain compliant and avoid regulatory risk. A data governance plan defines who is accountable ...
June 18, 2013 - Computer Technology Review
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
I think what's hampered advancement in Africa is that for many years we've made excuses about corruption or poor governance,Obama said. "That this was somehow the consequence of neo-colonialism, or the West has been oppressive, or racism....
- Antonin Scalia in EDGE Boston
And Scalia spoke once again, echoing his earlier comments: "Harsh criticism, short of unlawful action, is a price our people have traditionally been willing to pay for self-governance," Scalia declared. "Requiring people to stand up in public...
- Bill Lockyer in CNET News.com
The Hewlett-Packard incident has helped shine a national spotlight on a major privacy protection problem,Attorney General Bill Lockyer said in a statement. "With its governance reforms, this settlement should help guide companies across...