government-in-exile : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a temporary government moved to or formed in a foreign land by exiles who hope to rule when their country is liberated
- In another attempt to publicly demonstrate goodwill, the entire government-in-exile led by the Dalai Lama participated in lengthy prayers for victims of the Sichuan earthquake on .
- Last weekend the Tibetan government-in-exile released a disturbing video of the aftermath of last year's riots in Lhasa.
- The Dalai Lama's government-in-exile, based in Dharamsala, India, has been engaged in talks with China since 2002.
News & Articles
- Tibetan government-in-exile's site hit by hackers
Hackers recently rigged the website of Tibet's government-in-exile to infect the computers of Chinese-speaking visitors, a researcher said Tuesday, outlining the latest in a series of cyberattacks aimed ...
Aug. 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Tibetan Government-in-Exile Website Hacked
Tibet's government-in-exile says hackers have attacked its Chinese-language website. The development comes after a computer security company warned visitors to the page risk having their computers infected with spyware allowing them to be be tracked. Tashi Phuntsok, a spokesman for the Central Tibetan Administration, tells VOA that staff members at the India-based organization are unable to ...
Aug. 13, 2013 - Voice of America
- Tibetan government-in-exile's site hit by hackers - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports
LONDON (AP) - Hackers recently rigged the website of Tibet's government-in-exile to infect the computers of Chinese-speaking visitors, a researcher said Tuesday, outlining the latest in a series of cyberattacks aimed at activists from the Himalayan region.
Aug. 13, 2013 - Quincy Herald-Whig
- Li Zhaoxing in Times of India
Addressing reporters a day before the NPC opens, Li said: "Why did the Dalai Lama propose a 'Greater Tibet' and keep the 'government-in-exile' with a so-called constitution while claiming he is not in support of 'Tibet independence'?"
- Wen Jiabao in Shanghai Daily
The so-called government-in-exile situated in Dharamsala, India, is a defacto, theocratic regime and this illegal government was under direct leadership of the Dalai Lama,Wen said.