gout : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a painful inflammation of the big toe and foot caused by defects in uric acid metabolism resulting in deposits of the acid and its salts in the blood and joints
- Doctors thought that they had evidence that waters so treated would cure chronic arthritis, gout, neuritis, high blood pressure.
- Pi-Sunyer says the plumping of America will put millions of people at an increased risk for diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, stroke, gout, arthritis and some forms of cancer.
- The WAVE developed gout and anemia.
- Maurice Cheeks in Washington Post
I had no idea what gout was,Cheeks said, describing his first encounter -- at the age of 46 -- with the often-debilitating arthritic condition. "Never heard of it. Never talked to anyone about it, and then I started to find out that there...
- Jonathan Nossiter in AFP
Launched in Bordeaux on Tuesday evening, Nossiter said the book, "Le Gout et le Pouvoir" (Taste and Power), aimed to demystify wine and make it more democratic.