- n the activity of flying a glider
- v move smoothly and effortlessly
- v fly in or as if in a glider plane
- v cause to move or pass silently, smoothly, or imperceptibly
- Ron Jeremy back in the day I had used my real name: Ron Hyatt, from Queens, New York; likes to go hang gliding and sailing when he gets the chance, and working on his master's .
- Over the next 22 years, he amassed 115 records in aviation, gliding, ballooning, sailing, boating, mountaineering, skiing, triathlon, even dogsledding.
- Bikes are popular, and there are a few gas-electric hybrid cars gliding around.
News & Articles
- Experience The Thrill Of Flight At Torrey Pines Gliderport
Try something new this summer and go soaring high above the Pacific Coast. At Torrey Pines Gliderport you can go for a tandem hang gliding or paragliding adventure.
June 20, 2013 - CBS 2 Los Angeles
- Sunshine expected through early next week
A high pressure system gliding eastward will bring a much-needed dry and sunny day to southern New England, the National Weather Service said. Fine weather is set to continue, as the region finally breaks out of a stormy weather pattern through early next week, in a promising start for summer, which officially begins Friday.
June 19, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Whales 1 (529)
This is an entry level class for beginners. This class covers bobbing underwater, floating and gliding on front & back, and front & back crawl at a beginner level. These classes will be limited to 7 kids per 2 instructors and will last for 45 minutes. Prerequisites: Age of 6-12 yrs. Entry level skills. *By taking this class it does not mean that the child will be ready to go to the next level ...
June 19, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Richard Branson in International Herald Tribune
He's the No. 1 gliding pilot in the world, as well as the No. 1 aviator in the world. If anybody could have glided down, it would have been him,Sir Richard Branson, the British billionaire who has helped finance many of Fossett's adventures,...
- Sankar Chatterjee in Forbes
Gliding would not be a problem, it would be the takeoff, that is the main limiting factor,Chatterjee said in a telephone interview. "In the mountains, takeoff was not a problem, but sooner or later it would come to the plain."
- Marco Buechel in Forbes
The hill is not made for a downhill,Buechel said. "There's no high-speed gliding section."