glia : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n sustentacular tissue that surrounds and supports neurons in the central nervous system; glial and neural cells together compose the tissue of the central nervous system
- If your mind does indeed grow more agile as you age, one of the things that may help it do so is the amount of glue you carry around in your brain--glia (Greek for glue) being what .
- Neurons, which are the functional units of the brain (glia, scientists believe, are largely "filler"), are connected to each other by means of long filaments, or dendrites, and .
- Among them: putting epileptics, once considered unemployable, to work making airplane parts; studying the life and death of tissue cultures of glia (cells of the nervous system .
News & Articles
- Tech men grind out win over Warriors
DETROIT - The Michigan Tech men's basketball team picked up a 52-50 win at Wayne State on Thursday to move to 12-3 overall and 8-3 in the GLIA.
Jan. 24, 2014 - The Daily Mining Gazette