- n an appliance that allows an object (such as a ship's compass) to remain horizontal even as its support tips
- In the detail design of the inertial platform wiring, the Independent Review Committee recommended studies to either preclude wiring harness motion during gimbal motion, or .
- It had four gimbal axes with only two (two-axis) gyroscopes on its inertial platform.
- You don't know if at some point things would break how can a gimbal hold this huge boat? There was always some kind of pressure and tension there when we did that.
News & Articles
- PanaVise 15508 Portagrip is the strongest phone mount we've seen
The 15508 Portagrip features quality parts and an excellent range of adjustability. (Credit: Josh Miller/CNET) When I picked up the PanaVise 15508 Portagrip, something about this smartphone mount seemed familiar. Looking at the suction cup base and the adjustable gimbal for the phone clamp, I realized that part of this unit is the same thing we at CNET use to mount cameras to the outsides of ...
July 23, 2013 - CNET
- Emile Hirsch in Globe and Mail
I felt some of my strongest acting in the movie was stuff in the car,Hirsch says. "And the reason why it really rang so true to me was because we shot all the car scenes on something called a gimbal. It's this hydraulic pump machine that...
- Tom Hanks in CBS News
Hanks says, "I can't tell you, for example, the concept of Gimbal Lock. You can't explain what Gimbal Lock is, but you can communicate that Gimbal Lock is bad. That it's really, really bad if they go into Gimbal Lock."