- n strong liquor flavored with juniper berries
- n a trap for birds or small mammals; often has a slip noose
- n a machine that separates the seeds from raw cotton fibers
- n a form of rummy in which a player can go out if the cards remaining in their hand total less than 10 points
- v separate the seeds from (cotton) with a cotton gin
- v trap with a snare
- Death, the Black Pontifex, came last week to Louis Nazaire, Cardinal Begin, Archbishop of Quebec and Catholic Primate of Canada.
- From the first sip of the proffered aperitif at El Bulli a frozen gin with hot lemon fizz you know you're in for something different.
- Toward the tag end of winter, when the Oxford or Cambridge undergraduate has been sewn into the hair shirt of academic strictures for dismal months, he begins to itch.
News & Articles
- Gin Lane Media Brings Interactive Experiences to Retail
Specs Who Emmett Shine (l.), founder; Dan Kenger , digital creative director What Digital creative agency Where New York offices Freelance designer Emmett Shine founded Gin Lane Media so a client would take his requests for payment more seriously. He named the impromptu company after a boulevard in his hometown on Long Island, N.Y., adding “Media” to sound more important. He got paid, and a ...
June 13, 2013 - AdWeek
- Cotton Gin Park plan coming together
This house, built around the turn of the 20th century, was moved off Columbia Avenue in the 1920s to make room for Franklin High School. Now the Heritage Foundation is offering it for sale so that the site of the Carter Cotton Gin, key to the Battle of Franklin, can be restored.
June 13, 2013 - Ashland City Times
- HomeMade Gin Kit helps you make your own gin
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) — Bathtub gin, Joe Maiellano says, is making a comeback. And for $39.95, he and his business partners will show you how to turning a bottle of vodka into a bottle of gin.
June 9, 2013 - Washington Examiner
- Billy Joel in The Republic.com (subscription)
They need to hear somebody out there feels like they do, in the small towns or the big cities,Joel said. "And it doesn't matter if they hear it on a jukebox in a gin mill or on a ...... truck commercial."
- Eliot Spitzer in WLBT-TV
Spitzer tells CNN that he probed AIG because of the way it would push boundaries to "gin up returns" with little regard to risk.
- JP Morgan in International Herald Tribune
Absolut would also be an attractive addition to the company because "vodka, rum and gin categories are relatively weak for Fortune Brands," JP Morgan said in a research note.