- n alternative terms for gallows
- v hang on an execution instrument
- v expose to ridicule or public scorn
- The cadaver dangled on a gibbet all day long on the twelfth anniversary of Charles I's execution, then was cut down and decapitated; the body was buried under the gallows at Tyburn .
- The rig looked like a gibbet, nailed to the white railing fence of the newly opened Branchdale Racing Park near Holly Hill.
- Back in Paris, at the age of 31, he faced the gibbet of Montfaucon for a second time, was again liberated, sentenced to ten years' exile.
News & Articles
Mr. and Mrs. Gilroy TOM and ELLIE (SAFRINE) GILROY of Chelmsford celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a private family celebration at Gibbet Hill in Groton.
Aug. 11, 2013 - Lowell Sun