- n stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water
- Jackie journeyed to the burning ghat on the Jumna River, laid a bouquet of white roses on the spot where Gandhi was cremated in 1948.
- Intently he looked upon the burning ghat.
- Back on the banks of the burning ghat, the funeral party prepares to light the pyre.
News & Articles
- Nation + World
Coaches of the Rajya Rani Express train burn after a mob set it on fire as it ran over a group of Hindu pilgrims at a crowded station in Dhamara Ghat, Bihar state, India, Monday, Aug.19, 2013. At least 37 people were killed.
Aug. 20, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Train runs over 35 devotees, mob attacks train driver
KHAGARIA, Bihar: A speeding express train ran over devotees waiting on tracks to stop it, leaving 35 persons dead and triggering angry protests by locals who attacked the train driver and set afire its coach besides engine of another train at Dhamara Ghat Station in Khagaria district today.
Aug. 20, 2013 - INDOlink
- Namo Narain Meena in The Statesman
If any money is saved from beautifying these riverfronts, then the amount saved will be used for renovating the Rathtala Ghat,Mr Meena said.
- Mamata Banerjee in Times of India
Seeking to stoke Bengali sentiments, Mamata said: "The uninterrupted CPM misrule of 34 years has led to the fall of Bengali self-esteem. It took them (CPM) 34 years to decide on renovation of Nimtola ghat (where Tagore was cremated). Even for this...
- Lalu Prasad in Times of India
Rabri has been performing Chhath puja in Patna ever since we shifted to the state capital over three decades ago. We used to go to Pahalwan Ghat or cross the Ganga on a boat to reach the other side of the river for the purpose,recalled Lalu.