ghastly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s shockingly repellent; inspiring horror
- s gruesomely indicative of death or the dead
- The ghastly jumble of bodies piled upon bodies discovered in Jonestown, Guyana, in 1978 may have provided a stark lesson in how not to do it.
- The carnage was the latest and by far the most ghastly episode in a terror spree that began in July, leading up to a presidential election in Chechnya that was widely criticized as .
- In short, the unusual spate of fatal attacks may have been a ghastly coincidence--but that doesn't mean they were entirely random.
News & Articles
- Zoic Creates VFX for Falling Skies
Culver City, CA -- Culver City/Vancouver-based visual effects house Zoic Studios unleashes the ghastly creatures from TNT’s sci-fi series Falling Skies onto an unsuspecting contact lens model in the sneaky :30 teaser Clear Gaze out of Grey, NY as a promo for the June 9th Season 3 premiere.
June 7, 2013 - Animation World Network
- Ump John Hirschbeck Gets Drilled With Fastball, Crew Still Blows Call
Umpiring comes with all sorts of occupational hazards, not the least being that a catcher might just whiff on a 93-mph fastball, allowing it to connect directly with one's bare hand. Home plate ump John Hirschbeck had to leave this afternoon's game in Philly after A.J. Ramos fired one right past Miguel Olivo's glove. The pitch was clearly several inches inside, but the ghastly impact was so loud ...
June 5, 2013 - Deadspin
- P Chidambaram in Sify
Our focus now is in bringing relief to the people who have suffered as a result of this ghastly tragedy,said Chidambaram. "There are still thousands of people who continue to suffer."
- Paul Burrell in FOXNews
No,Burrell said, "not so ghastly and upsetting."
- CS Lewis in Exile Street
In The Abolition of Man, CS Lewis described our current predicament well: "And all the time - such is the great tragi-comedy of our situation - we continue to clamour for those very qualities we are rendering impossible......In a sort of ghastly...