gargoyle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a spout that terminates in a grotesquely carved figure of a person or animal
- n an ornament consisting of a grotesquely carved figure of a person or animal
- Yalemen, like most collegians, have long dwelt in the shadow of the gargoyle.
- In five years his business--"historical reproductions for home and garden"--has grown from a $6,000 stake to $6 million in sales, thanks largely to gargoyle paperweights, gargoyle .
- In addition, a gargoyle guards his office, and Harry's fancy moniker ("the Chosen One") sounds positively prosaic next to Dumbledore's titles: Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot and .
News & Articles
- See the full frontal nude gargoyle statue stirring controversy in Arizona
Authorities are telling an artist that his nine-foot sculpture of a nude male gargoyle has to go.
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- David Smith Fined for Nude 9-foot Gargoyle Statue with Large Penis (video)
David Smith, a sculptor in Paulden, Arizona has drawn fire from his neighbors and county officials for the nude 9-foot-tall gargoyle statue, which features a large penis, on his property (video below). Yavapai County officials have threatened Smith with a $100 fine, plus a $1,000 sanction, if the statue’s large penis is not removed or blocked. "[The statue is] large enough and unique enough so ...
June 10, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Anatomically correct Gargoyle Ariz. statue debated
A unique 9-foot gargoyle statue in northern Arizona is drawing fire, not for its size, but for the gargoyle's large genitalia.
June 8, 2013 - KTAR 92.3 Phoenix
- Ron Perlman in CNN International
The most human character who happens also to be a gargoyle that you've ever seen on screen,Perlman said. "I remember how much humanity he was able to evoke with one eye kind of by his left cheek and the other eye above his forehead and...
- Mitt Romney in Boston Globe (registration)
This is the year, in part thanks to the Supreme Court,Romney said. "They are hanging over us like a gargoyle, 'Take action or else.' "