gangland : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n underworld organizations
- Silence comes often around Chicago: this was the area's 1,081st gangland-style killing since the commission began keeping records in 1919.
- Both Granello and Plumeri later were victims of gangland murders in New York City.
- The border city of Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, never known for drug violence until the Zetas moved there a few years ago, saw more than 60 gangland-style killings in 2004, and they have .
News & Articles
- Jurors mostly white and older
The 11 men and seven women seated yesterday to decide the fate of accused gangland serial killer James “Whitey” Bulger will hear four months of testimony and evidence, could be sequestered and separated from their families at any time and can’t talk about any of it until it’s over.
June 12, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Vietnamese Censors Ban Local Gangster Film 'Chinatown'
According to the State-backed press, the country's film regulators objected to the movie's violence and portrayal of Ho Chi Minh City as a lawless gangland. read more
June 11, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- A Pipe-Wielding Thug Stormed the Rob Ford Crackhouse, Seeking Video
Last night, Gawker identified the house in Toronto's Etobicoke neighborhood that was the backdrop for a photo of mayor Rob Ford standing with two men who were later gunned down in a gangland-style shooting. Days after we published that photo—along with an account of having watched a video of Ford smoking crack cocaine—a resident of that home and his girlfriend were attacked by a man wielding a ...
June 6, 2013 - Deadspin
- Gamal Abdel Nasser in Independent Online
These amendments are the death knell for democracy,said Nasser Amin, director of the Arab Centre for the Independence of the Judiciary. "The regime is opting for gangland tactics than the politics of state."
- Jason Moran in Melbourne Herald Sun
Mr Moran said he knew of no motive for the attack: "I don't know what happened here tonight. I really don't. But it's got nothing to do with the gangland war. I really don't think this has anything to do with what has happened in the past. I don't...
- Diarmuid Martin in Catholic News Service
Archbishop Diarmuid Martin of Dublin said he could not "speak about the new outbreak of violence in Northern Ireland without also expressing my concern yet again about further episodes of gangland violence in and around Dublin."