- n (Black English) a member of a youth gang
- When the political activist Al Sharpton pivoted from his war against bigmouth radio man Don Imus to a war on bad-mouth gangsta rap, the instinct among older music fans was to roll .
- Almost twenty years later, virtually all gangsta rap remains a response to or an elaboration of this one album.
- One software engineer scores his with gangsta rap.
- Neil Patrick Harris in ChicagoNow (blog)
After having had such a hoot hosting the Tonys, I was thrilled to get the call about the prime-time Emmys,Harris told the AP. "But which voice to choose? I'm torn between gangsta, foppish Brit, and robot. Really proud of my robot. We'll...
- Alicia Keys in Washington Post
My comments about `gangsta rap' were in no way trying to suggest that the government is responsible for creating this genre of rap music,Keys said in a statement issued by J Records. "The point that I was trying to make was that the term...
- Mary-Louise Parker in San Francisco Chronicle
The soccer mom from picture-perfect Agrestic, Calif., "is a crook," says Parker, surveying the season ahead. "She's a gangsta!"