gannet : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n large heavily built seabird with a long stout bill noted for its plunging dives for fish
- The poor puffin! The poor gannet, poor razorbill, poor gull, guillemot, cor morant, tern and albatross! Ships that pass in the day or night vomit over the oceans the black .
- It whirled like a white gannet with a .
- Simmons himself will devote much time to the many rare and tropical birds the sheerwater, gannet, booby, king and emperor penguins, jackass, manofwar, albatross, etc .
News & Articles
- Gannet to buy Belo for $1.5 billion
MCLEAN, Va., June 13 (UPI) -- U.S. media firm Gannett Co. said Thursday it would buy Belo Corp., a media company that operates 20 television stations.
June 13, 2013 - UPI
- Brian Donohoe in Scottish Daily Record
Ayrshire Central Labour MP Brian Donohoe said: "It beggars belief. I was told that Gannet was safe. I'm beside myself with rage."
- Des Browne in BBC News
Mr Browne said: "The staff of our search and rescue stations around Britain, whether Royal Navy, RAF or coastguard, put their lives at risk on a regular basis to save others. And for the men and women at HMS Gannet in 2007 this equated to a call out...