gangplank : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a temporary bridge for getting on and off a vessel at dockside
- One of the best advertising slogans of the 20s and 30s was "the longest gangplank in the world.
- This week the whole zoo, accompanied by some 1,000 birds, will make its way up the gangplank, two by two.
- When the Premier and his Ministers walked down the gangplank, hundreds of stolid Norwegians wept.
News & Articles
- A Better Tucson Through Coding
At 8:55 am Saturday morning Gangplank was very quiet, with only a few people enjoying a breakfast of bagels donated by Bruegger's Bagels. Then 9 am rolled around and enthusiastic citizens began pouring through the doors.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
July 29, 2013 - Tucson Weekly
- Gangplank to a Warm Future
Because of methane leaks, shale gas is not a “bridge” to a renewable energy future — it’s a gangplank to more warming and away from truly clean energy investments.
July 28, 2013 - New York Times
- 24 Hour Code Competition Aims to Tackle Civic Issues With the Force of Technology
Start-up Tucson and Gangplank are hosting a civic code competition, sponsored by Maker House, to engage Tucson developers and designers in civic problem-solving. (PRWeb July 25, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10946992.htm
July 25, 2013 - PRWeb
- John Lister in New Zealand Herald
Mindful of the honour being given to the ship, we designed the Hillary Step - a gangplank with five steps leading down to a small platform only about a hand's breadth above the water,said John Lister, the chief executive of the Spirit of...
- Leela Naidu in Daily News & Analysis
On the sets of Anuradha, a spot boy fell from the gangplank high above us and fractured both his legs,Naidu writes. "The crew seemed willing to continue as if nothing much had happened. I was appalled at this and went on strike. I refused...
- Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller in Times Online
Jerry was at the dock in New York harbour. He was carrying a suit in case I had no clothes,Mr Stoller recalled yesterday. "He ran down the gangplank and said, 'Mike, you're OK.' I said, 'We're all right.' He said, 'We have a smash hit!...