gambling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of playing for stakes in the hope of winning (including the payment of a price for a chance to win a prize)
his gambling cost him a fortune
- v take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome
When you buy these stocks you are gambling
- v play games for money
- Ed Looney, executive director of the Council of Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey, says that as a rule of thumb, 80% of kids who start gambling will just dabble in it with no .
- After 15 years of talks, Taiwans legislature has passed a bill to legalize gambling on the Penghu islands, located off the west coast of Taiwans main island.
- Charlie Hustle has become the symbol of America's tolerance of gambling -- and the cost of an obsession.
News & Articles
- Report: Gambling lobby in NY spent $20M in 2 years
A report says gambling interests have spent nearly $20 million over two years on campaign contributions and lobbying in New York. Common Cause NY reports Friday the spending includes $242,000 in political ...
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Sample video gambling ordinance to appear on MP COW agenda in July
MAPLE PARK—A sample ordinance on video gambling will be presented at July’s Committee of the Whole on Tuesday, July 16. Village trustees will consider the ordinance and discuss it with Police Chief Mike Acosta. Establishments with video gambling machines are not able to operate within 100 feet school or place of worship.
June 21, 2013 - Elburn Herald
- Anti-Gambling Pill Shows Promise
Can overcoming gambling addiction be as simple as popping a pill?
June 20, 2013 - CBS Detroit
- Roger Goodell in FOXSports.com
Goodell said "even if you did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences...... one of the...
- Barack Obama in AFP
Senator McCain and his operatives are gambling that he can distract you with smears rather than talk to you about substance,Obama told a giant crowd here, said by police to number at least 28,000 people.
- Tony Taylor in Forbes
The `Bad Newz Kennels' operation and gambling moneys were almost exclusively funded by Vick,a statement of facts supporting the plea agreement and signed by Taylor says.