gamble : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n money that is risked for possible monetary gain
- n a risky act or venture
- v take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome
- v play games for money
- And there is no bigger gamble than a presidential run, which both candidates have conducted very differently this cycle.
- In 1951, said Defense Mobilizer Charles Wilson, we took "a gamble .
- New York's solid, plodding Mayor Robert Wagner is no man to gamble, but last spring he thought he saw a sure thing.
News & Articles
- Procter & Gamble, Henkel Consumer Goods, Colgate Palmolive, and Church & Dwight Headline at Cleaning Products 2013
Smithers Apex, with support from the American Cleaning Institute, is pleased to announce the final agenda for Cleaning Products 2013. This event will unite organizations like Procter & Gamble, Whirlpool, Akzo Nobel, Natura, and The Sustainability Consortium to discuss fragrance trends, the FTC green guides, quaternary ammonium products, packaging innovation and more.
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Brig. Gen. Duane A. Gamble to return to Fort Bragg as deputy commanding general of the 1st Theater Sustainment Command
Brig. Gen. Duane A. Gamble will return to Fort Bragg as deputy commanding general of the 1st Theater Sustainment Command, the Army announced Monday. He has been deputy commanding general of the U.S. Army Sustainment Command at Rock Island, Ill.
June 10, 2013 - The Fayetteville Observer
- Thom Bell: No longer silent in Gamble-Huff legacy
'Gamble-Huff-Bell Music." The first two names listed on the sign above the doorway at the Philadelphia International Records offices at 309 S. Broad St. are those most closely associated with the sophisticated soul music that became universally known as "The Sound of Philadelphia" in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
June 10, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Sir Alex Ferguson in BBC Sport
I was ready to take Carlos off and then he makes a goal,said Ferguson. "Danny Welbeck is a big lad and I just felt he might get us a goal from a cross. I am always prepared to gamble."
- Doc Rivers in Los Angeles Times
It didn't look right because we were losing games, but guys were resting and conditioning, and I thought it was the only chance we had,Rivers said. "There were no guarantees, but we had a chance healthy. So my gamble was, let's take...
- Kobe Bryant in USA Today
It was a big gamble for me coming in, but I wanted to change my approach this game and be more of a decoy,Bryant said after adding eight assists, several out of double-teams in the fourth quarter. "The past couple games they really were...