- n a persistently annoying person
- n any of various large flies that annoy livestock
- Buzzing again at His Majesty's Government in the House of Commons last week was that busy Ipswich gadfly Richard Stokes.
- Venezuela's revolutionary gadfly EUROPE The Wages of Slavery People forced to work for the Third Reich will finally get some compensation for their labor.
- Mikey Weinstein is a very specific kind of gadfly.
News & Articles
- Remembering Will D. Campbell
Every Christian leader needs a gadfly, someone who will cut to the chase and help him or her stay focused on the gospel. For one United Methodist bishop, that was the late Will D. Campbell.
June 24, 2013 - Duke University
- Stacy Keach in Minneapolis Star Tribune
David Frost had a great reputation as an intelligent human being, but he still had the reputation of being a gadfly, playboy, a television talk show host,said Keach. "For him to step into the world of journalism and become a real...
- Rod Blagojevich in Belleville News-Democrat
Lieutenant Gov. Quinn is known as a gadfly. That's one of his charming qualities,Blagojevich said.