furthest : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s (comparatives of `far') most remote in space or time or order
explored the furthest reaches of space
- r to the greatest degree or extent or most advanced stage (`furthest' is used more often than `farthest' in this abstract sense)
went the furthest of all the children in her education
furthest removed from reality
- r to the greatest distance in space or time (`farthest' is used more often than `furthest' in this physical sense)
he swam the furthest
- In other ways, however, Clinton is the furthest thing from Mondale imaginable.
- When builders of the Coronado Naval Amphibious Base in San Diego planned this complex in 1967, satellite imagery was probably the furthest thing from their minds.
- The "typically developing" siblings of autistic children are, in fact, the furthest thing from typical.
News & Articles
- Republican Presidential Prospects Lay Groundwork for Invisible Primary
They swear they're focused on more-immediate projects. They insist a White House campaign is the furthest thing from their minds. But with the 2016 invisible primary well under way, some Republican candidates are already lining up the campaign managers they will turn to if and when they decide to run for president.
June 20, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News
- Off to the races: Invisible primary under way
Reid Wilson: “They swear they're focused on more-immediate projects. They insist a White House campaign is the furthest thing from their minds. But with the 2016 invisible primary well under way, some Republican candidates are already lining up the campaign managers they wi …
June 20, 2013 - MSNBC: First Read
- Hand Girls' Tennis Kept Winning Reputation Strong with SCC Repeat
The 2013 season for the Hand girls' tennis team didn't end with a state crown as the previous pair did, yet the campaign was the furthest thing from disappointing.
June 19, 2013 - The Source
- Ron Wilson in 940 News
Obviously if you lose your job in the league you often wonder if you'll get another opportunity,said Wilson. "The furthest thing from my mind at any point in my hockey career wat that I would have an opportunity - ever - to coach a team...
- Dwight Howard in Washington Post
This is the chance of a lifetime to be playing for a championship,Howard said, "and this is the furthest that a lot of us have ever gotten in our career. Our motivation is greatness. We want to be a great team."
- Evan Bayh in Los Angeles Times (blog)
The only we are able to govern successfully in this country,Bayh warns, "is by liberals and progressives making common cause with independents and moderates. Whenever you have just the furthest left elements of the Dem party attempting to...