- n the Romance language spoken in France and in countries colonized by France
- n the people of France
- n United States sculptor who created the seated marble figure of Abraham Lincoln in the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. (1850-1931)
- v cut (e.g, beans) lengthwise in preparation for cooking
- a of or pertaining to France or the people of France
- Reformer going her own way dounia bouzar is showing political and religious leaders how french muslims can balance the demands of their country with those of their faith.
News & Articles
- French business lobby adopts new guidance on "say on pay"
PARIS (Reuters) - The French business lobbies Afep-Medef have adopted a new "business code" recommending wider adoption of "say on pay" measures that give shareholders a bigger say on top management pay packages, the groups said in a statement on Sunday. "Shareholders will get to vote on pay packages in general assembly meetings from next year," the statement said. ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- French Market narrows exec search to 4
The French Market Corp. has selected four finalists for the position of executive director. The Times-Picayune reports ( http://bit.ly/13zzsHg ) that the public agency provided little information about the four, who were interview this past week.
June 15, 2013 - Erie Times-News
- French court says Twitter must reveal source of racist tweets
A French court of appeal has rejected a move by Twitter seeking to shield the identities of those responsible for posts last year contravening French laws on hate speech and carrying the hashtag #unbonjuif (a good Jew). The appeals court upheld a ruling in a case brought last November by the French Jewish Students Union (UEJF) and four other French antiracism organizations, seeking to compel ...
June 14, 2013 - PC World
- Raymond Domenech in Toronto Star
I feel sad for all the fans and everyone who supports the French team,said Domenech. "It's the hard and harsh reality of our situation. So I have a genuine sense of sadness."
- President Bush in FOXNews
French and American troops are helping defend a young democracy in Afghanistan,said Bush, who was taking Sarkozy at midday Wednesday to Mount Vernon, which was the Virginia home of George Washington.
- Lance Armstrong in The Age
Asked if that meant he feared an attack on next year's tour, Armstrong responded: "Yeah. There are directors of French teams that have encouraged people to take to the streets ...... elbow to elbow."