- n a method of drying food or blood plasma or pharmaceuticals or tissue without destroying their physical structure; material is frozen and then warmed in a vacuum so that the ice sublimes
- v preserve by rapid freezing and subsequently drying in a vacuum
- From the scientist's point of view, freeze-drying has one big advantage over standard commercial taxidermy: the animals' internal organs remain intact, can be reconstituted for .
- As a Western diplomat notes, a machine for freeze-drying coffee can also be used to make anthrax spores.
- A few minutes of freeze-drying finishes the job.
News & Articles
- An Endangered Animal Sperm Bank Will Let Us Bring Pandas to Space
Whether or not you think that certain endangered animals are worth all the fuss— *cough* pandas *cough*—judging by the internet's recent, excited tittering over a potential panda pregnancy, the majority of people are very much pro-animal kingdom diversity. So much so, in fact, that a team of Japanese scientists has begun freeze-drying certain endangered animals' sperm in the hopes of one day ...
Aug. 28, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Lena Adelsohn Liljeroth in Independent Online
I would like to push for the issue of freeze-drying. I think it is interesting and based on what I have heard I have a positive view of the method,Adelsohn Liljeroth, whose brief covers burial laws, told Kyrkans Tidning.