- v preserve by rapid freezing and subsequently drying in a vacuum
freeze-dry the strawberries
- The freeze-dry technique is not new; it has commonly been used to preserve water-soluble drugs and blood plasma.
- Luyet's next step was to develop a "freeze-dry" method so that frozen tissue could be dehydrated in a high vacuum.
- So when Cassandra told me that for $275, a woman would come to our house, cook Cassandra's placenta, freeze-dry it and turn it into capsules to help ward off postpartum depression .
News & Articles
- An Endangered Animal Sperm Bank Will Let Us Bring Pandas to Space
Whether or not you think that certain endangered animals are worth all the fuss— *cough* pandas *cough*—judging by the internet's recent, excited tittering over a potential panda pregnancy, the majority of people are very much pro-animal kingdom diversity. So much so, in fact, that a team of Japanese scientists has begun freeze-drying certain endangered animals' sperm in the hopes of one day ...
Aug. 28, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Michael Patrick King in WSBT-TV
If you want to see the girls at 34, you can turn on your television every night or rent the DVDs,Mr. King says. "I knew the one mistake I could make in the film was to freeze-dry them and pretend they weren't in their 40s now."
- Akira Nishino in The Daily Yomiuri
I wish I could freeze-dry this game and take it to next weekend,Nishino said. "I can't find any negatives, and I don't think it's necessary to start looking for any."