freezing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the withdrawal of heat to change something from a liquid to a solid
- v stop moving or become immobilized
- v change to ice
- v be cold
- v cause to freeze
- v stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it
- v be very cold, below the freezing point
It is freezing in Kalamazoo
- v change from a liquid to a solid when cold
- v prohibit the conversion or use of (assets)
- v anesthetize by cold
- v suddenly behave coldly and formally
- The quick-freezing boom, barely 15 years old, is growing fast.
- Unlike embryo freezing, egg freezing doesn't require that women choose the baby's father years in advance.
- However, the cells that survive the freezing process don't carry any genetic change due to the freezing process.
News & Articles
- Nigerian cook survives two days under sea in shipwreck air bubble
By Joe Brock WARRI, Nigeria (Reuters) - After two days trapped in freezing cold water and breathing from an air bubble in an upturned tugboat under the ocean, Harrison Okene was sure he was going to die. Then a torch light pierced the darkness. Ship's cook Okene, 29, was on board the Jascon-4 tugboat when it capsized on May 26 due to heavy Atlantic ocean swells around 30 km (20 miles) off the ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Nigerian Cook Survives Shipwreck in Undersea Air Bubble
After two days trapped in freezing cold water and breathing from an air bubble in an upturned tugboat under the ocean, Harrison Okene was sure he was going to die. Then a torch light pierced the darkness. Ship's cook Okene, 29, was on board the Jascon-4 tugboat when it capsized on May 26 due to heavy Atlantic ocean swells around 30 km (20 miles) off the coast of Nigeria, while stabilizing an oil ...
June 12, 2013 - Voice of America
- Learn to 'put up' (freeze) vegetables and fruit
Penn State Extension offers "Freezing Vegetables and Fruits — Quality for Keeps" on Wednesday, June 26, 6-8 p.m. at the Farm and Home Center, 1393 Arcadia Road. The class is also being held on Saturday, June 29, 10 a.m.-noon.This workshop offers tips for improving the quality of the fresh food...
June 12, 2013 - Lancaster Online
- Tom Brady in Forbes
Now we're going to someplace warm because I'm freezing my you-know-what off,Brady said, flashing that familiar grin.
- Jenna Bush in Detroit Free Press
I did not want to go hiking at 4 in the morning,Jenna told Diane. "It was freezing. But we got up, and we hiked in the dark for an hour and a half, and then as we got toward the top, with the sunrise, he asked me."
- Paula Abdul in Reuters UK
I could have killed myself : Withdrawal - it's the worst thing,Abdul told the magazine. "I was freezing cold, then sweating hot, then chattering and in so much pain, it was excruciating."