- n a writer or artist who sells services to different employers without a long-term contract with any of them
- v work independently and on temporary contracts rather than for a long-term employer
- a working for yourself
- s serving for wages in a foreign army
- Today a flotilla of freelance fact checkers make life more difficult for the salaried employees of what has come to be known as the MSM, or mainstream media.
- Lasantha Wickrematunge, one of Sri Lanka's leading journalists, a freelance reporter for PTI and an outspoken critic of the Sri Lankan government, was shot this morning as he .
- Carine Roitfeld was a freelance fashion editor at French Vogue and I was the newly appointed menswear designer at Yves Saint Laurent when we met in 1998.
News & Articles
- Prosecutor: Slaying suspect nabbed by luck
Prosecutor: Slaying suspect nabbed by luck Prosecutors said they got lucky when a probation officer made an unannounced visit to the Reno home of Joseph Naso in 2010 and found a handwritten list of missing women that led them to believe the freelance photographer had killed four prostitutes in Northern California. Opening statements began Monday in Marin County Superior Court in San Rafael in ...
June 18, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- WATCH: Allen Park emergency manager's video message to residents about public safety millage
Loading... Brian Rogers, a columnist for The News-Herald Newspapers, offers a view of Downriver people, places and things as seen through the eyes of a veteran freelance columnist.
June 17, 2013 - The News-Herald
- Former U.S. Marine held captive in Syria
In an interview with Anderson Cooper, Austin Tice's parents talk about the desperate search for their son who was kidnapped in Syria 10 months ago. The 31-year-old Georgetown Law School student was in Syria reporting on the violent conflict and humanitarian crisis as a freelance journalist for several news agencies. He lost contact with his […]
June 16, 2013 - CNN
- Raymond Kelly in FOXNews
Al-Masri was not among the seven suspects, but New York Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly called al-Masri "a freelance consultant to terrorist groups worldwide."
- Antawn Jamison in Sports Network
We played, I don't want to call it basketball, but we don't play smart at all,said Jamison. "We freelance a lot and we like to do things on our own."
- Ali Mohamed Gedi in United Press International
This country has experienced anarchy and in order to restore security we need a strong hand, especially with freelance militias,Ghedi said.