fossil : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone whose style is out of fashion
- n the remains (or an impression) of a plant or animal that existed in a past geological age and that has been excavated from the soil
- a characteristic of a fossil
- The discovery of a mini dinosaur fossil shows Tyrannosaurus rex started out small but still pretty ferocious.
- Alfred's fossil hunting began when he was only 13, when he hiked to the abandoned Granton quarry in North Bergen, a mile from his home.
- All those fossil fuels also mean that Abu Dhabi citizens have among the biggest carbon footprints in the world, and the emirate's exports are a big, if indirect, contribution to .
News & Articles
- Don't Fret About Fossil, Carter's
Retail stocks like Fifth & Pacific, Carters and Fossil will return stronger after the selloff says BB&T Capital Markets analyst Scott Krasik
June 21, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Fossil trail gives hunters a path to history
Fossil lover Bev Sandlin, of Spring Valley, has set up a fossil display at the Southeast Minnesota Historic Bluff Country Regional Tourism Center in Rushford that is part of a new "Fossil Trail" at pa
June 20, 2013 - Post-Bulletin
- Fossil Discovery Center to hold annual fundraiser
Author(s): Elsa Mejia Most of the tickets for an annual fundraiser to help keep the Fossil Discovery Center’s activities going have been sold. The Mammoth Barbecue, which will feature no host cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, dinner, a silent auction and a mock dig, is set to take place on June 22 in the Fossil Discovery Center, 19450 Avenue 21 1/2 in Chowchilla. The event is organized by the San ...
June 20, 2013 - Madera Tribune
- Barack Obama in Washington Post (blog)
Americans know what's at stake by continuing our dependence on fossil fuels,Obama said in a statement. "But the challenges we face -- underscored by the immense tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico -- are reason to redouble our efforts to reform...
- Al Gore in Boston Globe (registration)
This is an investment that will pay itself back many times over,Gore told the AP. "It's an expensive investment but not compared to the rising cost of continuing to invest in fossil fuels."
- Bertrand Piccard in The Province
The goal is to take to the air with no fuel. The goal is to show that we can be much more independent from fossil energy than people usually think,Piccard said.